Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Food

Don't you just love that word? But everyone has to also admit that there are times when people absolutely hate food. One example would be going to a party and stuffing your face with nothing but pizza and soda to the point where you're so full that as soon as you see another slice of pizza or a bottle of pop that you have a nearly uncontrollable urge to puke out everything you spent the last hour stuffing down your esophagus, just sayin'. In my case though, it was over many years and months. Being a Filipino-American obviously I'm going to be eating a lot of Filipino food from time to time. But sometimes a person just wants to eat something different from what is the norm in their home. How would you feel if you had to eat the same food every week but the order they were served the previous week is moved around? You get the point. For me I have grown incredibly tired of fried fish or any dish that has fish in it. I still enjoy eating fish from time to time but that's really the only way fish should be enjoyed, from time to time. You can understand how I feel when you actually try to consume nothing but fish for 3-5 days straight, cooked in all ways. Can you understand why I'm complaining now? Of course I also have foods that I will never grow tired of but that's for a different story. My dislike for our fishy meals at home grew to the point where I would refuse to eat at all, I mean; why eat the same species I ate last night when there's a perfectly good pop-tart in the pantry? Of course by now you can bring up the argument of, "well if you get tired of eating fish only after 5 days, what about rice?" Though that argument is valid I cannot provide an answer. For me, I can live without my typical meal of rice + whatever quite easily and effort free. But there are just some foods out there in my diet that do not taste right without rice accompanying it. I never feel full when I eat those certain dishes. Rice just has that filling effect ya' know? I guess the whole point of this post is, sometimes people take food for granted and act like its nothing. I feel awful when I'm presented with food that I don't like or not finished the food that I put on my plate knowing there are thousands of people all around the world who are starving and would do anything for any amount of food.

Respect your food peeps.

Nimble out.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I feel your pain. Just change Filipino to Vietnamese/French. Anyway, guess who this is. Interesting read by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fenchy frenchy frenchy. One day I pretty much snapped during dinner after finding out we were going to eat adobo for the third time that week, I pretty much stared at the stove and said "I'm not hungry" then proceeded to walk up the stairs, into my room and turn on my PS3 to begin my day of fasting.

      Delete